Ross Campbell, CPA CA, GAICD
Suite 312, 110 Cumberland Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5R 3V5
Ross is co-founder of The MBO Group and has spent his entire career investing in, and advising to, entrepreneurs in areas of finance and raising capital. Ross has worked with virtually every type of capital provider to private companies.
- Managing Director and co-founder of McCarvill Mezzanine Fund Limited Partnership (a Mezzanine/Private Equity Fund)
- Managing Director and co-founder of Norvest Mezzanine Fund Limited Partnership (a Mezzanine/Private Equity Fund)
- Numerous private company Board and Advisory Board seats
- Board Director, Canadian Australian Chamber of Commerce & Chair CACC SME Group
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Past Chair of Financial Executives International Canada’s Private Company Finance Sub Committee
- Past Trustee and Chair of the Audit Committee and member of the Governance Committee of the TSE listed Primaris Retail REIT (an OMERS retail shopping malls spinoff)
- Founded Hillbrooke Capital Advisors
- Senior Lender (Bank of Montreal), Asset Based Lender (Bank of Boston), Term Lender (Penfund Management Limited), Royalty Financing (McCarvill Corporation)
- Certified Exit Planning designation from the Chicago based Exit Planning Institute.
In Their Words
The MBO Group seems to have a unique ability to uncover interesting and worthwhile opportunities in the Canadian private company market. I have had the benefit of working with them in a variety of situations. They have always been able to capture the essence of what makes a project assignment or deal work in a very strategic way that others can embrace. With a rare ability to communicate clarity they are able to efficiently bring individuals as well as groups to understand what it takes to achieve success.
FCA, Former CEO & President, Marsulex Inc.